Saturday, December 12, 2009

What cartoon movie is it that has a war happening, people dying on a field and wearing gas masks?

I vaguely remember this from my childhood but can't remember? Anyone? It seemed old, I think I remember one guy dying on a barbed wire fence. Help!What cartoon movie is it that has a war happening, people dying on a field and wearing gas masks?
I'm thinking Pink Floyd's The Wall. The whole movie isn't animated but does have a scene for one song (Goodbye Blue Sky) that features a war scene with people wearing gas masks.


Here's a clip of the scene.





http://video.google.com/videosearch?ndsp鈥?/a>What cartoon movie is it that has a war happening, people dying on a field and wearing gas masks?
I believe the cartoon referred to is actually ';Peace on Earth'; 1939, an animated short film to protest US involvement with belligerents in the second World War. It features anthropomorphic animals watching the last humans kill each other, and the animals build a new world after they're gone. Report Abuse

Is there a scene in ';Heavy Metal'; like that? It's what came to mind immediately.





However, there is a film ';American Pop'; that goes through several generations.





I guess my memory is extremely faulty. I remember that scene, but I've seen the Pink Floyd film just once. Perhaps it stuck in my mind for some reason. I was picturing Ralph Bashi-style animation. // I just watched that video; they aren't the images I have in my mind. I'm not certain where I'm remembering it from then.
Pink Floyd's The Wall. It's based on their stage performance for the tour with the album The Wall. The whole thing is done to music. Like Fantasia on crack. God!! Why do I know this? I hate Pink FLoyd!!


In response to below, def. not American Pop though that movie is classic and worth seeing.
There was a movie called Wizards where there was a war and these dudes had on masks that looked a little like gas masks. Maybe that one?
I agree with Tha_mash it was ';Wizards';.
  • myspace comments
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment